Blog 10: English Language Challenges
Well, this
is the last blog! Tomorrow are the last tests and then we have a well-deserved
vacation ᕙ(`▿')ᕗ today I will
tell you a little bit about my experience learning English.
This is my
first experience having English in the university since when I entered, in the
diagnostic test I was in English IV, so I went ahead with the rest of the
courses. At first, I was nervous about having English at the university I
imagined difficult things, but in the end, it turned out not to be as I
expected, the classes were fun and easy to understand so I really enjoyed this
course.
My only
problem with English is everything related to speaking it, I always forget how
to pronounce some words and also where I get nervous about speaking (Maybe part
of my nervousness about speaking has nothing to do with English, but something
personal), I tend to forget words, but I think a lot of this would be solved by
practicing more. Maybe I could make phone calls with my friends who know
English and talk to them to practice.
Outside of
class, I usually read manga or books in English, sometimes I write down the
words I don't understand, I look up their meanings and how they are pronounced,
I also watch videos in English with English subtitles because in some videos
people speak so fast that I can't understand well, also when I feel more
extreme I watch movies or videos without subtitles to see how much I understand
them, when I realize that I'm understanding I feel very accomplished.



I remember when I decided to read a book in english the first time, just a couple of paragraphs and I already have an entire page of unknown words xD
ResponderEliminarWow!! that's great!! I think we all get nervous at some point, it is just a matter of practicing it. Good luck on your journey!! :)
ResponderEliminar